After having so much fun with my first Foodie Penpals experience last month, I was beyond stoked for this month’s exchange. This month my package was coming from Emily over at The Last Corral and I couldn’t wait. As soon as Emily let me know what date my package was supposed to arrive, it took all I had not to stalk my postwoman — or my friend that I had house- and puppy-sitting for me while I was off eating my way through Gulfport and Louisiana…
As soon as I was home with my delivery pick-up ticket in hand, I headed over to the post office to pick up my stash. Where it took every ounce of self-control to not rip it open in the middle of the post office floor. Or maybe I was just motivated by my lack of desire not to share any of the treasures that Emily had picked out for me.
First things first, was Emily’s note — wishing me a happy trip South and and some quick explanation of the items she had included in my box.
In my initial message to Emily, I had mentioned that I am a little bit obsessed with the sweet and salty snack combination. And she did not disappoint. The next thing I pulled out of the box was a batch of Chocolate Caramel Pretzels, followed by a small package of Virginia peanuts. Yum, yum, and YUM!
Next up were two cookies, which Emily had described as “delicious vegan delights”. I was slightly skeptical — especially considering how picky I am when it comes to Snickerdoodles — but there is not one crumb of either cookie left in my kitchen.
The next thing I picked up was a box of Green Tea with Pomegranate by Yogi Tea. I will always be a coffee person first, but I am really starting to come to terms with a nightly tea ritual. Much better than a midnight cup of coffee, right? And of all the teas out there, Yogi Tea tends to be my favorite pick — not only do I love the great, restorative flavor blends but the fun little thoughts on every single tea bag always help me recenter myself. And who knew there was a Yogi Tea out there that I haven’t tried yet? Yay!
The very last thing I pulled out of the box was quite possibly my favorite thing yet. A brand new mug. I am 99.9% sure that Emily didn’t know about the tragedy that struck my all-time favorite mug, so pulling this new owl mug out of the box made me laugh and feel like just maybe I could move on after all. It may not hold 24 ounces of coffee, and it may not be covered in fun Bahstun-inspired sayings, but it has quickly become my new favorite mug. I’ve found myself washing it by hand more than once a day, just so it can be ready for my next cup of coffee or tea. And in my kitchen, that’s true affection.
Thank you so much, Emily!
And in normal Lena fashion, I had to stop myself from going overboard in my shopping and preparing the package I sent out for Anne of Running Los Annegeles. I really hope she enjoyed her package, even half as much as I enjoyed my package from Emily!
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe … use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
If you’re interested in participating for March, please send an email to Lindsay at email@example.com and include the following information:
Your full name
Your email address
Your blog name/address
Your twitter handle (if applicable)
WHETHER YOU ARE A US RESIDENT OR CANADIAN RESIDENT. – this is SUPER important so she can get you on the right list!
** Lindsay will need to hear from you by March 4th as pairings will be emailed on March 5th! **