- A little bit of a small town country girl and a little bit of a city rat, (slightly) obsessed with finding the nearest beach and saltwater.
- A farmer’s granddaughter, who loves cooking and eating well.
- A self-proclaimed “Fat Kid”, who loves good food and great beer, and a founding member of the unofficial “Chicago[land] Fat Kid Crew”.
- A chronic multiple book reader, averaging 3-4 books at once.
- A shoe fiend with an equal amount of boots, flip-flops, sneakers, and cute heels.
- A sports hound that is happier watching a hockey game than shopping for clothes.
- A regular quoter of good movies and Bruce Springsteen songs.
- A coffee addict, who will brew a pot of fresh espresso at 10:30 pm just because it’s delicious.
- The girl who picks her manicure/pedicure nail colors based on the color name and/or significant events – i.e. the traditional Cubbie blue and red pedicure for Opening Day.
- A sucker that lets my friends talk me into running, yoga, snowboarding, surfing, hiking, taking boxing classes… For fun. On a fairly regular basis. Luckily, these friends also enjoying eating and drinking almost as much to add some balance.
In a nutshell, I guess I’m a bit of a mess trying to keep some balance between my life here and now while missing my family and friends that got me here and keep me going. Random things catch my attention, make me smile and sometimes make me laugh out loud to myself in public. Please feel free to laugh with me, or at me – either way, you won’t be the first, or the last.