After two months of solid shipping success, there was bound to be a hiccup at some point. After a minor holdup at the post office, I finally got my hands on my box from Sarah, from Walking on my Own 2 Feet. Let me just say — that old saying, “good things come to those who wait”? So true!
Sarah let me know that she typically tries to put her Penpals packages together with a theme in mind — and mine was no different. So, just as if she had peeked into the notes from one of my friends (and a fabulous health coach/fitness instructor), she decided the theme of my box should be “Stay Hydrated!”. On most normal days, I really do try to make sure I’m fulfilling my water intake goal but there are some days I have a little more coffee than I should and let my water slip a bit.
The first two treats I pulled out were a bottle of Zico (chocolate flavor — something new to try!) and a carton of Trader Joe’s vanilla soymilk. What luck! That crosses one thing off my shopping list for the week — yay!
Next up were some other treats — a new box of green tea (absolutely essential in my never-ending effort to cut back on my coffee consumption, and another thing crossed off my shopping list), 3 fruit bars (great to throw in my bag when I’m on the run to prevent unhealthy snack grabs), and a packet of protein shake mix in birthday cake flavor (another new treat to try!).
And last, but definitely not least, was a brand new mini Bobble bottle and spare filter! Now — I’m not lacking at all in terms of water bottles. In fact I now have 10. That all have their own specific purpose — I swear! But there are a few really cool things about this bottle — 1) it’s small enough to fit into my regular purse, so I have no excuse not to have a bottle of water on me at all times, 2) since it filters as I drink, I can pretty much fill it up anywhere while I’m out and about, and 3) it adds a bit of “pop” to my current collection, which is consists of almost all blue bottles.
See? Told you good things come to those who wait.
And, despite our differences in football loyalties (*cough* Go Bears!*cough*), I managed to have way too much fun putting together a box to send to Mackenzie from Wealth is Health. Head over her blog to see what treats I sent her way!
Want to see some of my other loot
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe … use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
The deadline for the April group has past, but it’s not too early to start thinking about May!
If you’re interested in participating for May, please send an email to Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
Your full name
Your email address
Your blog name/address
Your twitter handle (if applicable)
WHETHER YOU ARE A US RESIDENT OR CANADIAN RESIDENT. – this is SUPER important so she can get you on the right list!
** You need to email Lindsay by May 4th, as pairings will be emailed on May 5th! **